LGBT Youth Scotland and Children in Scotland have joined forces for this event because of a shared belief that all children and young people deserve to grow, learn and develop in inclusive and supportive environments, free from intolerance and discrimination.
This one-day conference, kicking off LGBT History Month and supporting the Year of Young People 2018, aims to raise awareness of LGBT equality issues in the children's sector and to equip practitioners and professionals with the skills and understanding they need to improve the lives of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender children and young people.
This event will feature keynote presentations, panel discussions and workshops around various topics including:
- Life in Scotland for LGBT Young People – 2018 Research
- Experiences of LGBT young people
- Gender identity in early and primary years
- LGBT and mental health
- Addressing homophobic, biphobic and transphobic bullying
- Inclusive play, activity and sport for LGBT children and young people
The conference includes input from LGBT Youth Scotland, the Youth Commission on LGBT Mental Health, RespectMe, Equality Network, Anne Frank Trust, LEAP Sports Scotland, TIE Campaign and many more, including children and young people themselves.
For a draft programme, click here.