During LGBT+ History Month, Perth and Kinross Council is very pleased that Jimmy Hunter, from the Terence Higgins Trust Scotland, will deliver another informative learning session for us to highlight the changes around HIV since the devastation of the 1980s portrayed in the popular TV show It's a Sin.
This learning session will cover the following:
• Terence Higgins Trust – its history and how it came about
• HIV and AIDS – what’s the difference?
• How is HIV transmitted?
• History and stigma
• Services available in Tayside
There will also be time for questions and discussion.
The session is open to staff and volunteers of Perth & Kinross Council and partner organisations.
It will take place on Zoom and a link will be sent out to all who register before the event.
The vision of the Terence Higgins Trust is:
• Ending HIV transmissions by 2030
• Ending stigma around HIV: A world where people with HIV live healthy lives free from prejudice and discrimination
• Creating an environment where good sexual health is a right and reality for all